Friday, December 12, 2014

FM188 Winter Themed Gold/Silver Project

This week at the Friday Mashup I created a fun Box Chain Wreath! However I felt like I was cheating because the "Gold" on my Wreath was so minimal. So I set out do create a card with silver or gold but then struggled to incorporate any so all I had was silver rhinestones. With two "failed" attempts at mashing up the challenge I gave in and have decided to share both with you.



Here's this week's Friday Mashup Challenge:

1. Create a project using "Silver or Gold". 
2. Create a "Christmas Project". 

3. or Mash it Up! and create a "Christmas-themed Project with Silver or Gold".




I took the idea for my reindeer from Pinterest. You can find the pin I used here.
Thank you Jacquii McLeay for the inspiration!


Do you recognize the "Joy" on my wreath? You are right, it's from the Wonderous Wreath Framelit set, but it has been blown up!! My wreath is 12" in diameter so there is no way the small joy from the framelits would fit. In came my Silhouette Cameo to the rescue!

I took a photo of the Joy cut out, imported the photo into my Silhouette Cameo Designer Software, resized it to fit my banner and cut it out three times. I layered Early Espresso, Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler joy's on top of each other to add some dimension.

The tutorial I followed for my wreath can be found on my pinterest board: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/30258628716508924/



No comments:

Post a Comment