Friday, March 21, 2014

FM152 One Layer Card with Cameo

After getting the Silhouette Cameo I am addicted to creating cards with it and the MDS files. 

Lisa's challenge at Friday Mashup was a perfect challenge for me to bring out my Cameo again. I have no nautical stamp sets so I opted to use the nautical themed SVG files in MDS. 

Here's this weeks challenge over at Friday Mashup:



1. Create a project using a nautical theme
2. Create a one layer card
3. Mash it up and create a one layer card using a nautical theme


The birds and clouds are from "Keep This Memory". The sail boat and the sun are from "On the Go". I created the waves by using the Large Scallop Edgelits die. 

To make sure my card was one layer I inlaid all the cut outs. Also, as you might have noticed the sun is slightly different in my card that it appears in MDS. What I had to do was join all the small triangles together in the Silhouette software so that the rays were all one piece. This made assembly of my card much easier. 



Stampset: See Ya Later
Paper: Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Whisper White, Soft Sky
Ink: Staz On
Bigshot: Large Scallop Edgelits Die, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder
Tools: Silhouette Cameo, Silhouette Designer Edition Software, MDS SVG files (Keep This Memory & On the Go)

3 comments:

  1. You sneaky little card maker- inlaying to keep it one layer- genius, Avery! This is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out so cute! Love MDS for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little scene is just adorable, I love it! You and Heidi are really getting me thinking about the MDS and Cameo thing!!

    ReplyDelete