Last week's Friday Mashup challenge was to create a project using Vellum & Stitching. Automatically the Faux Stained Glass Technique popped into my head and I got to creating.
1. Create a Project using "Vellum".
2. Create a Project with "Stitching (Sewing or Faux)".
3. or Mash it up! and create a Project with "Vellum and Stitching".
To color the doily I tried two things, inking up my brayer and coloring the doily. Second I tried adding re-inker to a spritzer with some rubbing alcohol and spritzing the doily. I found the brayer gave me a much darker color but the spritzing gave me a more even color. Give both a try to find out what you like better.
To do the Faux Stained Glass technique follow the steps below:
1. Rub Vellum with your Embossing Buddy
2. Stamp your velum with versa mark
3. Add Embossing powder and heat
4. Use your markers to color the velum (make sure you are coloring the back of the velum)
I hope you will give the technique a try!
Stampset: Bloom with Hope, Apothecary Art
Paper: Calypso Coral, Basic Black, Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Velum
Ink: Versa Mark, Calypso Coral, Wild Wasabi, Staz On
Bigshot: Circle Framelits
Tools: Spritzer, Heat Tool, White Gel Pen
Accessories: White Tea Lace Paper Doilies