Friday, April 18, 2014

FM156 Sketch and Ombre Technique

Over at The Friday Mashup this week Lynda has a fantastic sketch for us. She is also challenging us to use the Ombre Background Technique.

 I found her sketch super versatile and the technique very fun. 

I hope you will join us with this challenge.



1. Create a project using the Sketch
2. Create a project using the Ombre Background Technique
3. Create a project using the Sketch and the Ombre Background Technique


The Ombre is subtle on my card but I colored the Polaroid using the Ombre Technique. I tried a few times doing the technique exactly like Lynn described but I was getting white spots on my water color paper and the color wasn't as dark as I wanted it to be. So, I used my markers and colored the paper, then used my aqua painter to wet the marker ink and blended it together.


Stampset: Hardwood, Giggle Greetings
Paper: Water Color Paper, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Staz on
Markers: Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake, Baked Brown Sugar, Soft Suede, Early Espresso
Bigshot: On Film Framelits
Tools: Blender Pen, Aqua Painter, Paper Snips, 
Accessories: Gold Bakers Twine, Very Vintage Designer Buttons

3 comments:

  1. Avery, this is such a cute card. I love the wood background and the ombre technique looks great. It made me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card, Avery! I love the woodgrain in the background and the ombre on the frame is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the monochromatic feel with the ombre tone- the twine and button go so well with the colors. I think you are convincing me to get this set!

    ReplyDelete