Saturday, September 14, 2013

Dahlia Thinking of You

When I seen Freshly Made Sketches this week I was stumped for a while. While sleeping last night a Polaroid flashed in my head, and I thought it would work great for their sketch. Looking at their sketch now I see I went fairly out of the box but I still think it fits the sketch enough to submit my card for their challenge. 

I also combined their sketch with Friday's Mashup's challenge of making a Sympathy or Thinking of you Card.


I am been very drawn to the Dahlia Stamp. I hope you like it because I think you will be seeing it a lot more in the next year (or longer, if Stampin' Up doesn't retire it).


To make the Polaroid I cut my Basic Black to 3-1/4" X 3-5/8". I used a square framelit to cut out the centre. My Whisper White cardstock is cut to 3-1/4" X 3-1/4" and glued behind the Polaroid. 
The sentiment was powder embossed using Versamark ink and Whisper White Embossing Powder melted with Stampin' Up's Heat Tool.

Stampset: Regarding Dahlia, Embellished Events
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, Gingham Garden DSP
Ink: Island Indigo, Versa Mark
Bigshot: Square Framelits, Top Note Die (inside card)
Tools: Heat Tool, White Embossing Powder, Stampin' Trimmer
Accessories: Brights Candy Dots, Candy Dot Brads

 


3 comments:

  1. So bright and colorful! The dahlia image looks beautiful with that DSP! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors and use of SU's fun new tools and embellishments! I love the simple line design of the dahlia. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I love the colors you used. Thanks for sharing with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete